At least four killed in shooting at child’s party in northern California, officials sayNEWS | 30 November 2025Four people have died after 14 people were shot at a family gathering in northern California on Saturday night, police said.
The victims, who range from “juveniles to adults”, were taken to local hospitals, Heather Brent, a spokesperson for the San Joaquin County sheriff’s office, said. “What we have confirmed at this time is that there was a banquet hall where a family was celebrating.”
San Joaquin County Sheriff’s office said on social media that “approximately 14 individuals were struck by gunfire, and four victims have been confirmed deceased”, adding that information about the shooting was limited.
The sheriff’s office said detectives were “working to determine the circumstances leading up to this tragedy”.
“Early indications suggest this may be a targeted incident, and investigators are exploring all possibilities,” it said.
The shooting took place at a child’s birthday party, Stockton’s vice mayor Jason Lee said in a Facebook post.
“I am in contact with staff and public safety officials to understand exactly what happened, and I will be pushing for answers,” he said.
Police said they received reports shortly before 6pm of a shooting that occurred near the 1900 block of Lucile Avenue in Stockton, about 50 miles east of San Francisco.
The shooting occurred inside the banquet hall, which shares a parking lot with other businesses.
Authorities did not immediately provide additional information about the conditions of the victims. Officials said earlier that several were taken to hospital.
“We are urging anyone with information, video footage, or who may have witnessed any part of this incident to contact the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office immediately,” police said.
The California governor, Gavin Newsom, had been briefed on the shooting, his office said in a post to social media.Author: Source